Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Minor Artifact 1A: My Reading Story (16th August)


I used to be an avid reader and I am not exactly proud to say this statement in this exact
wording. When I was a child, I was a voracious reader, reading anything that was even remotely readable. As I was naturally rather frail, and quite isolated from my peers due to the brain surgery, books had become my stout companions before I even knew it.

This changed with the appearance of the computer in my life. While it was true that books had given me such joy in my life, that joy seemed to pale in comparison to that provided by the immediate, intense entertainment which the computer was able to give. For at least a good four years, I had forsaken any enjoyments and enlightenment I gained for books as my book shelves piled with dust. I have only returned to reading as often as possible during the summer break for the sake of improving my writing skills, but it would seem that my senior year would drastically cut back on any time I could get to leisurely. This is partially the reason why I hope that this class could help me out in this regard, allowing me to read plenty of good literature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment