I guess I was writing in one form or another for all my life. I would always scribble a
scenario on the wall, pretend I was a samurai, and hit tables with frying pans, as the
tables turned into youkais and phantoms. Of course, such stories made as much as
sense as a typical game of call of Cthulu: sometimes too big, sometimes too narrow,
sometimes just plain bizarre. Always, something was wrong. As I grew up, I came to
realize that this was because I didn’t know how to write in a concrete manner. This is
how I began to write short stories and poems, instead of a full blown novel.
In other words, I have been in a permanent writer’s block for the last 17 years, and, to recover from it, I advanced towards different medium, such as comics, photography, and even commercial game writing. At the moment, I am working as a volunteer writer for the video game March of War. From these experiences, I discovered that it wasn’t exactly writing that I desired to do, but simply to tell a story, and it didn’t really matter what medium it was, as long as the said medium was able to properly portray what was in my mind.
In other words, I have been in a permanent writer’s block for the last 17 years, and, to recover from it, I advanced towards different medium, such as comics, photography, and even commercial game writing. At the moment, I am working as a volunteer writer for the video game March of War. From these experiences, I discovered that it wasn’t exactly writing that I desired to do, but simply to tell a story, and it didn’t really matter what medium it was, as long as the said medium was able to properly portray what was in my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment